Your experience as a jeweler will improve if you consider some helpful tips to ensure your space is safe, healthy, and
organized. Here are five tips to follow:
- Tip #1: Pay attention to your lighting. A well-lit space will make it easier to work. Natural north light is ideal, but if
that's not possible, a combination of floor, ceiling, and table lamps will do. For the best lighting, shine a light over
the bench pin. Try to avoid bright sunlight shining directly on your space, as this will make it difficult to see.
- Tip #2: Choose the right floor. Jewelers drop small pieces on the floor. To avoid having to search for these pieces,
choose smooth flooring without gaps in a simple color. Make it as easy as possible for stones or metals to stand out, so
they arenít lost.
- Tip #3: Organize your tools. Not only will you be able to find them more easily, you're more apt to take care of your
tools before putting them away, which will make them last longer. Be sure to oil motorized machines according to
manufacturer's instructions, and consistently wipe moisture off of metal tools.
- Tip #4: Avoid gas heat. Gas heat creates condensation, which will cause your tools to become damp and rusty. If possible,
heat your studio with electric, solar, oil, or radiant heat.
- Tip #5: Wear the right clothing. Jewelers are susceptible to heat and chemicals. Protect yourself by wearing a heavy,
leather apron. As a bonus, your clothes will stay clean!
Copyright © Jewelry-Tools.us.
All rights reserved.
Jewelry Workshop Tips